Forklift training website
Amendment to the First Aid at Work Regulations 2013
October 7th 2013. Now in force
This document provides guidance on:
- Managing the provision of first aid (first-aid kit, equipment, rooms etc)
- Requirements and training for first-aiders
- Requirements for appointed persons
- Making employees aware of first-aid arrangements
- First aid and the self-employed
- Cases where first-aid regulations do not apply
The publication is aimed at all industries, although specific guidance on first aid in mines, offshore and diving is covered separately.
This third edition takes account of the amendment to regulation 3(2), which removes the requirement for HSE to approve the training and qualifications of appointed first-aid personnel, and to incorporate some additional amendments brought about by other previous legislative changes.
These changes were made following a recommendation from ‘Reclaiming Health and Safety for All: An independent review of health and safety legislation’, by Professor Ragnar E Lõfstedt, which was published in November 2011.
You can download a draft copy of this document here.