The legislative information contained on this web site is my interpretation of the law based on many years in the health and safety business. A definitive interpretation can only be given by the courts. I will therefore not be held responsible for any accident/incident/prosecution arising as a consequence of anyone using any information obtained from this web site.
how to avoid loosing confidence. Classroom session
There are many ways a speaker/instructor can lose confidence with the audience. The following things can all cause trouble and should be avoided.
- Exaggeration – figures, statistics.
- Boastfulness – talking down, ‘patronising’
- Inaccuracy of materials, facts, information.
- Wrong names – individuals, sources.
- Untidiness – personal or visual aids.
- Wrong use of language and voice
- Weak, uninteresting tone and expression.
- Inadequate voice projection.
- Misplaced and wrongly used words.