How to avoid losing confidence
There are many ways a speaker/instructor can lose confidence with the audience. The following things can all cause trouble and should be avoided.
- Exaggeration – figures, statistics.
- Boastfulness – talking down, ‘patronising’
- Inaccuracy of materials, facts, information.
- Wrong names – individuals, sources.
- Untidiness – personal or visual aids.
- Wrong use of language and voice
- Weak, uninteresting tone and expression.
- Inadequate voice projection.
- Misplaced and wrongly used words.
Next Slide >>